VacCam was developed in response to frequent requests from customers seeking an in-situ vacuum video camera to internally monitor operations and processes occurring inside the vacuum chamber. It has been designed with vacuum-compatible construction to ensure low outgassing and avoid contamination of your in-vacuum processes or experiments.
The video camera system accepts C-mount lenses and XCAM offers a small selection of vacuumcompatible optical lenses for use with the camera or customers can provide their own.
The camera has mounting points which must be connected to a heat-dissipative mounting block to removed the thermal heat generated.
The camera has a USB2.0 interface for power and communications.
- Fully-immersible in a vacuum chamber
- Fully vacuum compatible down to 10-6 mbar
- RGB colour or B&W greyscale imaging, two resolution options
- Video frame rates of up to 10 fps
- USB2 interface provides communications and power
|Mechanical dimensions||50 x 50 x 60 mm3 (excl. lens and USB connector)|
|Image sensor options||1.3 MP CMOS: 1/1.8” format: 5.5 µm pixels: RGB or B&W|
|Lens||C-mount interface. Wide-angle lens with fixed focus as standard|
|Wavelength range||400 – 1000 nm|
|Exposure||Auto or fixed|
|Readout modes||Single image and up to 10 fps video|
|Electrical Interface||USB 2.0|
|Power||Supplied by USB 2.0: 1.5 W max.|
Supplied by XCAM
- In-vacuum video camera
- Lens (ordered separately by part number)
- Operating manual
- Software dll and code to enable image capture and integration with user’s software application
Supplied by Customer
- USB vacuum feedthrough (XCAM to advise)
- USB2 in-vacuum cable
- Mounting system inside the vacuum capable of sinking and dissipating up to 2W heat load
- Illumination inside vacuum chamber